Sunday, February 28, 2010

Assholent Boss!

My friend who sends me the anti-Obama propaganda has sent me this little jewel.

A Lay-off letter from an excellent boss. 

Dear Employees:

 As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

 To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead.

 This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go.  I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem.  They voted for change...... I gave it to them.

 I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

 THE BOSS

I think this message is meant as a joke. Though, it's a very unfunny joke. I really don't think it's a real memo from a real boss.

I think it is illegal in the USA to fire someone for their political views. Writting a memo that you're firing people for their political veiws would be stupid beyond belief. If you're going to do it, do it, but don't announce to the rest of the world (including your judge) why you are doing it. Stupid!

It's an extremely stupid and unfunny joke. Though, I secretly wish it was true, so that the boss could get his ace sued off.

5 comments:

CybrgnX said...

I think this unfunny joke illustrates once again the defective intellect of many people.
Obama has been in office only a few months--He did not cause the situation, He may not be doing the proper solution but that is not the issue.
What the boss should be doing is looking for older BUSH stickers and firing their asses.

Robert Madewell said...

Actually, he shouldn't be firing anyone based on political position. It is just as bad as firing people for having Ichthyses on their cars. Nobody should put up with that. Discrimination is wrong even if it's people you don't like being discriminated against.

He should do just what most bosses do in such situations. First, ask if anyone wants to be layed off. (There are people who like drawing unemployment.) Second, lay off the ones who have the least seniority and the least essential jobs. Third, lay off the people who had the most tardies and unexcused absences. Fourth, lay off the most unproductive employees. And so forth. That or a similar approach would be the best.

This is just a stupid and unfunny joke that someone thought was a good lesson in justice. Instead, it's a lesson in how people can be intolerent and discriminating and think that it is a good thing.

fuuuuck said...

Second, lay off the ones who have the least seniority

Unfortunately in the business world, this is opposite of what happens. Employees with seniority are often considered a liability and are laid off in favor of entry level employees.

Robert Madewell said...

Yeah, ethinethin, That actually happened to my brother. He was "fired" over a very minor safety violation. What's interesting is that about 100 employees were also let go at the same time for very minor things. All of them had been there over 10 years.

fuuuuck said...

Corporations often have "policies" that go unenforced until they have a reason to enforce it. It's very arbitrary and only called "policy" to protect them in the legal sense. It's really transparent.

I am lucky to have never been laid off but I have been in business management positions. There are also similar "policies" for the hiring of applicants. Overall, it's very corrupt.

The corruption was one of the reasons I left the business world and went back to school for biological science. As a manager, I disrupted people's lives and justified it by using black ink.