Tuesday, July 28, 2009

HTML Comment Primer: URLs

I really want to encourage all my commentors to post URLs of material that they want me to read. I really do like to read and if you post a URL, I'll probably follow it. However, there's a way to do it that'll make it easier for other commentors and myself to follow the link.

Lets say I have a link and I want to post it in the comment and I just copy and paste it like this.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2006/05/an_atheist_holocaust_denier.php

Sure, there it is. But I can't click on it. I have to copy and paste it into my browser's address bar. Blah.

Let me introduce the A tag.

<a href="Your URL Here">Your Message Here</a>

well, let's put our URL in its blank and put an "easy on the eyes" message in its blank.

<a href="http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2006/05/an_atheist_holocaust_denier.php
">Atheist Holocaust Denier</a>

Which will look like this when your comment is published.

Atheist Holocaust Denier

I hope this helps.

No comments: