Thursday, March 4, 2010

Weird Religious Art: Why didn't Jesus say anything against homosexuality?

Here's something that I thought was weird.

I have been doing a little modular origami lately. I found that playing cards make great Penultimate Modules and the geometric solids made with them look very interesting.



I was pretty much using the regular poker cards, but at a local dollar store I found these bible game cards. You get three packs of 30+ cards for $1.00, so why not?



In the first picture, the two solids on the left are made with the bible trivia cards. To make the modules, I had to measure the card and trim it to get the right ratio between height and length (3x4 in this case). So, in the process of trimming the cards, I found this one.



Maybe, I have a sick sense of humor. I do understand that Jesus was supposedly betrayed with a kiss, to fulfill some OT prophesy. But, doesn't that kiss look a little too sensual for a children's game? It looks to me like Jesus is enjoying getting betrayed.

Now we know why Jesus said nothing against homosexuality.

PS: When I was folding the modules, I realized that these cards are very euro-centric in their portrayal of bible characters. What else should I expect?

As always, you can click on the images to download larger versions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the kiss scene seems a little erotic for a betrayal.

Of course you did say they were European. :)